I live in new zealand, so my accent stands out above everyone else’s – so immediatley people come up to me and go “ARE YOU FROM AMERRRICA?”, and if they don’t say that first it’s usually “Are you canadian?” once or twice i get “Are you from Ireland?” and then ONCE i got “Are you from scotland?”. I had to laugh at the last one, i have no scottish heritage whatsoever – i have my family trees up on the net and i’m seriously nowhere near scottish! English, Irish, German, Swiss and possible dutch – mind you if you wanna be an ass about it that’s back in the days that half of europe was prussia – so that’s where my family gets the german and not the swiss … but if you get pedantic – Bern Switzerland is not German LOL.
I also stand out cause i don’t look that heavy from the waist up, but i have thunder thighs and child bearing german/dutch build from the hips down!
- Playing The Race Card In Ireland (ansionnachfionn.com)
- 1st Day in Bern, Switzerland- I survived (swissatthirty.wordpress.com)
- KEEN Winter Boots Keep You “Chill” When Cold Weather (onlineshoes.com)
- Kanuea (kanuea.wordpress.com)
- A Small World and an International Brotherhood – Cuenca, Ecuador (travelpod.com)