Alright you screwheads! LISTEN UP! SEE THIS? THIS IS MY … oh wait hang on this is wordpress. (And this is also being cross posted in my DA journal for you lovelies!)
OK! So today i’m crabbing about doing cover design (mixed with the fact i’m sitting in my pajamas waiting to do housework… lazy much?)
I’m having a real hard time procuring the stock images i really need – i love the stuff i’ve gotten and i love the artistry in the photowork provided. Problem is – sometimes they don’t match what i need; and getting that can be a pain in the ass. I don’t have all the money in the world to hawk the royalty free places – and most exchange places don’t have what i need.
Plus the really awesome photoshop tools i need are always paid services via graphic river or envato. Now unless people start to buy my book – which doesn’t usually happen if i complain whine and moan…. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OSXJJW but it’s only 99c and you’ll notice i’ve got other books for sale LOL. ALRIGHT NOW I AM DONE WHINING ABOUT MY BOOK – I’m still whining about design and cover design…
Some people expect me to pay them to make the cover – and i’m like “HONEY, i’ve had a copy of photoshop since i was 15 freaking years old – you think i’m going to give up my toy just to pay for your services in which i do not like? HELLO?????” – Some of these covers are like romance covers, i am not a romance writer… despite the fact that my head is a constant rampat yaoi closet and nobody has to open the door as the books don’t cover what’s non canon LLOLLL….. ahem. This is the more recent cover i’ve tried to make: http://fav.me/d4brfsr it’s on my DA account and it’s a stock photo manipulation. I’d love for you to check it out and see what you think.
What do you think of cover design… is it all lost? Is it all in the eye of the beholder?
Stock images, are they worth it?
Is my book even worth it enough to be bought?
These are some things i just wish i could get answered LOL
- Cody Landefeld: Designing Success for WordPress (wordpress.tv)
- Hookuh Tinypants: Fuck whining about the new FB layout. Let’s whine about the terrible redesigned cover of the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. W. T. F. (welcometotwinpeaks.com)
- Dorchester Around the World (dorchesterpub.wordpress.com)
- Inspired: Fabulous New Book Covers (casasugar.com)
- July 18: Todd will design my cover. (markpetruska.com)
- How to Cover Your Books With Eco Style! (casasugar.com)
- Interview with a Book Designer (mesummer.wordpress.com)
- New and complete! The Money Moon: A Romance by Jeffery Farnol (podiobooks.com)
- Coolest Sketchbook Cover Designs (uphaa.com)
- Ebook-specific cover design #4 – shape, by Piotr Kowalczyk (teleread.com)
- Brandon Duncan’s Fuckness (andersenprunty.com)
- Book club for design nerds (itsasmallweb.wordpress.com)
- Would You Buy a Book For Its Cover? (casasugar.com)
- Leading Royalty Free Music Library, TheMusicase.com Releases the TMC Web Player offering Unlimited Royalty Free Music for Websites. (prweb.com)
- PhotoDune – Envato Photo Marketplace (freelanceswitch.com)
- Envato Launches Stock Photography Marketplace: PhotoDune (prweb.com)
- Trail in the forest and Paved alley (infoads.wordpress.com)
- 6 Free Websites For Public Domain Images & Free Stock Photos (makeuseof.com)